The Bank of Thailand (BOT) is one of the most crucial and respectable economic agencies. It aims to promote a stable financial environment to achieve sustainable and inclusive economic development that leads to better standard of living among all Thais. Human resource is the vital success factor in achieving the bank’s ambitious targets. We set high priority in seeking quality manpower and maintaining them within our organizations through their retirement. We are not only aiming at fresh graduate in various fields but also seeking mid-career workers, who had gained valuable experiences from other organizations. We currently employ over 3,800 staffs.
To provide anchors for our staffs, we have developed four Core Values including:
- Principles: principle, integrity, and disciplined
- Visions: envision, forward thinking, and mindfulness
- Collaboration: collaborate, integrate, involve, and anticipate
- Humility: action, practical, and insightful
To ensure that our staffs are developed to their full potential along their career paths, we pay substantial attention in the drafting of career development roadmap for each of them.
Moreover, we also provide other opportunities to enhance their skills and experiences in order to facilitate their career growths such as:
- Adequate and continuous internal training, sending staffs to attend training courses abroad, and knowledge development through e-Learning.
- Secondment Program with leading organizations at home and abroad such as commercial banks, the Stock Exchange of Thailand, the International Monetary Fund (IMF), and the Bank for International Settlements (BIS).
- Work opportunities at BOT’s representative offices in London, New York, and Beijing.
- Representing the BOT at various levels of meetings and seminars such as the Southeast Asian Central Banks Meeting (SEACEN) and the Southeast Asia, New Zealand and Australia Central Banks Meeting (SEANZA).
The BOT grants a number of scholarships to external persons and our own staffs for further study in bachelor, master, and doctorate degrees of various fields at universities at home and abroad to develop our future workforces.
Besides career growth and personal development opportunities, we offer fair and competitive remunerations, based on responsibilities and capabilities, as well as other fringe benefits that include:
- Performance-based annual bonus
- Cost of living allowances
- Contribution to the Pension Fund
- Other benefits such as medical allowances for staffs and their families, various types of loans, school fee allowances for sons/daughters.
In addition, we truly value work-life balance and encourage good relationship and positive work environment to ensure our staffs work happily. We support off-work activities that promote physical and mental health of our staffs such as Golf Club, Tourism Club, Chinese Club, Water-Color Club. We also prepare physical exercise area within the BOT compound for staffs to work out after working hours.
“In selecting new staffs, the BOT aims to find potential human resources who are committed to carry on the BOT’s success in policy implementation for the greater good,” said Bank of Thailand Governor Prasarn Trairatvorakul.