One of the Bank of Thailand’s (BOT) key tasks is to compile and release comprehensive, up to date, accurate, and credible economic data. These statistics comprise data series compiled by the BOT in accordance with international standards as well as statistics compiled by other agencies. The BOT strives to maintain quality and adequately comprehensive database for the purpose of monitoring economic conditions, implementing monetary policy, fulfilling other responsibilities as the central bank of the country, and to serve general public for their statistical needs.
In addition to statistical tables, the BOT also prepares Key Economic Indicators, Charts, and Statistical Articles and Publications and arranges them in categories for convenient access.
Statistics released by the BOT include:
1. Financial Market Statistics, covering data relating to money market, capital market, and foreign exchange market such as Interest Rates in Financial Market, Rates of Exchange of Commercial Banks, and Capital Market
2. Economic and Financial Statistics, covering data used in monitoring monetary and economic conditions such as Real Sector Statistics, Balance of Payments, and Macroeconomic Indicators
3. Financial Institution Statistics, covering financial positions and operations of financial institutions, both at the aggregate and sub-group level such as NPLs and Loan Outstanding, and Assets and Liabilities
4. Payment Systems Statistics, covering payment data from the payment systems operated by the BOT such as Data on overall transactions of the payment systems
5. Regional Economic and Financial Statistics, covering economic and monetary data compiled and analyzed by the BOT’s three regional offices; namely, the Northern, Northeastern, and Southern regional offices
More statistics and details can be sought from All Statistics & Contact Persons