One of the Bank of Thailand’s (BOT) key tasks is to compile and release comprehensive, up to date, accurate, and credible economic data. These statistics comprise data series compiled directly as a central bank by the BOT in accordance with international standards as well as statistics compiled by other agencies. The BOT strives to maintain adequate source of quality data for the purpose of monitoring economic conditions, implementing monetary policy, fulfilling other responsibilities as the central bank of Thailand, and to serve general public for their statistical use.
In addition to statistical tables, the BOT also prepares Key Economic Indicators, Charts, and Statistical Articles and Publications and arranges them in categories for convenient access.
Statistics released by the BOT include:
1. Financial Market Statistics cover data relating to money market, capital market, and foreign exchange market such as Exchange Rates, Interest Rates, and Capital Market
2. Economic and Financial Statistics cover data used in monitoring monetary and economic conditions such as Macroeconomic Indicators, International Trade/Investment Statistics, and Other Economic Indices
3. Financial Institutions Statistics cover financial positions and operations of financial institutions, both at the aggregate and sub-group level such as NPLs and Loans Outstanding and Deposits and Loans
4. Payment Systems Statistics cover payment data from the payment systems operated by the BOT such as Cheque Clearing System and Retail Funds Transfer
5. Regional Economic and Financial Statistics cover economic and monetary data compiled and analyzed by the BOT’s three regional offices including Northern, Northeasthern, and Southern
More statistics and details can be sought from All Statistics & Contact Persons