BOT Virtual Art Museum
“...Any community that neglects beauty and arts, that community can never grow fully. And if any community nourishes art and knowledge, that community would prosper. Not only in art, but also in virtue and verity, which are key elements for peace of mankind…”
Dr.Puey Ungphakorn (1916 -1999) former Bank of Thailand Governor
During his governorship, Dr.Puey Ungphakorn initiated the idea for the BOT to sponsor Thai artists in create artworks. The BOT has since continued to accumulate artworks of national artists and famous artists because it cherishes aesthetic value of arts as a creation that leads to prosperity in beauty, virtue, and verity as mentioned in the quote above.
To grant opportunities for the general public and descendants to appreciate and learn about masterpieces collected by the BOT over the past several decades and raise public awareness about the BOT as an organization that bolsters the country’s art community and upgrades artistic taste of the Thai society, the BOT has invented the Virtual Arts Museum that allows anyone to enjoy the BOT’s artwork collection via the BOT website.
The BOT’s collection includes paintings, sculptures, and other forms of visual arts created by Thailand’s top class artists, from the past era to the present day, such as those created by:
- Fua Haripitak, 1985 National Artist in visual
- Angkarn Galayanapong, 1989 National Artist in literature (poetry)
- Sawas Tantisuk, 1991 National Artist in visual art (painting)
- Chalude Nimsamer, 1998 National Artist in visual art (sculpture)
- Chakapan Pasayakrit, 2000 National Artist in visual art (painting)
- Tawan Dachanee, 2001 National Artist in visual art (painting)
- Pratheung Aimcharoen, 2005 National Artist in visual art (painting)
- Chuang Moolpinij, 2011 National Artist in visual art (painting)
- Chalermchai Kositpipat, National Artist in visual art (painting)
- Kamchorn Sathirakul, former Bank of Thailand Governor