The BOT’s website uses both the first-party cookies and third party-cookies, which are set by our third party providers, to enhance the performance of BOT’s website.
4.1 Cookies categorised by duration comprise 2 types as follow.
(1) Session cookies are temporarily stored to recognise you when you are visiting the BOT’s website. They will be deleted from your computer or device once you sign out of websites or close the browser.
(2) Persistent cookies stay on your device for a given period or until you delete them from your hard disk or device. This type of cookies helps the BOT’s website recognise you and other device settings, when you return to the website, so as to receive more convenient and prompt services.
4.2 Cookies categorised by purpose comprise 4 types as follow.
(1) Strictly necessary cookies are necessary for the BOT’s website to function or to service, so that you can navigate around any sections of the website securely and efficiently. These cookies are also set in response to actions made by you through the website, therefore, if you block these cookies, you will not be able to access the BOT’s certain essential contents which require these cookies as a result. (e.g., Audience Manager)
(2) Preferences or Functionality cookies enable the BOT’s website to recognise your preference setting, and also provide enhanced functionality and contents in line with personalisation. These cookies help recognise user accounts logging in our systems, setting language preferences displaying on pages, for example. If you do not allow these cookies, then some or all of the website services may not function properly (malfunction) causing inconvenient and inefficient usage. (e.g., Search and Promote cookies)
(3) Statistic or Performance cookies allow us to know how you interact with the BOT’s website, which pages or sections of the website are popular, and to conduct data analytics in another aspect as well. The BOT uses the information to improve website performance, and to understand users’ behaviour. All information these cookies collect aims at statistical purpose only and is anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, it leads to the consequence that the BOT is not able to measure a number of visits and assess the service quality of the website. (e.g., Analytics cookies, Experience Cloud cookies, Target cookies, Data Workbench cookies and Scene7 cookies)
(4) Marketing cookies are cookies connected to the third-party websites aiming to track your online activities, and website visits. They help offer website services added by the third parties. If you do not allow these cookies, it will not affect your BOT website usage but may have an impact on products and services provided by the third parties regarding a profile of your interests. (e.g., Targeting cookies, Data Connector cookies and Advertising Cloud cookies)